Subject: Ok, progress is made.
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@freegate.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/05/1999 14:20:07
I've replaced the Sigma RQ11D (same as a Webster WQESD) ESDI disk
controller with a Dilog 696-20 controller and my MicroVAX III is much
happier about it.
I'm going to run a kernel compile to make sure that it doesn't get hung up
(the Sigma hangs in disk io) and if that is successful I will re-install
the sigma as the second MSCP controller and see if I can't figure out a
workaround to the Sigma's implementation of MSCP.

I'm also very near to having finished a build of the world on the uVAX
3900. I've made it all the way to the gnu build without problems yet. I'm
still worried I'm going to run out of disk space. Is there some way to
force the object files to be created else where? (I've got DESTDIR set to a
separate partition but so far it only has include files and libraries in
it.) I've still got about 70MB left but that has been working its way down
from 400MB when I installed the source on it. (no xsrc, just gnu and base)

--Chuck