Subject: Re: Minimum MicroVAX 3100/20 kernel config?
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/05/1999 08:46:35
On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> Question .... what exactly is the MicroVAX 3100/20?  Is that a VAX43
> or a VAX410?  I sense it is the VAX410, from what folks have been
> telling me.

Good question.  The config options are a little confusing in the regard.
Given that the VAXstation 3100/M76 is a KA43, the VAXstation
3100/{M30,M38} are KA42, the early MicroVAX 3100s are KA41, and the
VAXstation/MicroVAX 2000 are KA410 -- you'd expect there to be something
like a VAX410, VAX41, VAX42, and VAX43 config option.

I don't know how the models are currently grouped.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
   KIRK:   Oh no!  A horrible transporter malfunction!
   SPOCK:  Actually, Captain, the transporter is working perfectly.
   KIRK:   Damn.  There goes another possible excuse for my hair.
    -- K.