Subject: Re: le0 Timeouts
To: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/30/1999 18:51:23
On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Anders Hogrelius SdU wrote:

> The problem with timeouts on the Lance Ethernet Device definitely
> needs some attention. It seems to be the next obstacle needed to
> be overcome to make NetBSD on the smaller VAX'es usable.

I've been noticing it too :-/  I know it's the *right* thing to try to
integrate the machine independant "le*" version of the drive, but I've
really gotten spoiled with the VAX specific "ln*" version.

It would be nice if we could keep both drivers in the kernel sources until
the bugs with the machine independant one are worked out.  Let it be
configureable in the kernel config file.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
      I'm sorry, this doesn't make any sense.  TO YOU!!!  -- K.