Subject: 3100 booting problems solved!!!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <dehartog@tip.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/29/1999 21:29:02
I've been fighting to boot my microVAX 3100 for weeks now and got
so far that it booted over the net and was pingable after that but
no console after the kernel starts (the firmware talks to the S1-port).

Well, today I spoke to an old deccie engineer and he told me the trick:
On some 3100's there's a little dipswitch at the back side; not labeled
but reachable without opening the box. It switches the console port AND
the firware-dialog to (or from!) the third RJ-plug (S3).
Flipped the switch and saw BSD's Copyright coming up!!! (Console on S3).

Yippeeeeeeeeeh!!

Now catching up on all the SCSI- and DMA- stuff.

Hans de Hartog.