Subject: Re: BSD Driver Database and VAX 7000
From: Geoff Roberts <geoffrob@stmarks.pp.catholic.edu.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/27/1999 13:54:23
----- Original Message -----
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 27 October 1999 1:06
Subject: BSD Driver Database and VAX 7000

> Of special note, someone's posted that they'll have a VAX 7000 available
> in a few months for NetBSD/vax work.  The machine is located in Sweden.

Anyone hear anything further on the 6000 port effort?  I have a couple
available now
for testing/developement if needed, (62xx, 63xx, 64xx). I seem to recall
Ragge mentioning
he had a 6210? What are the problems involved in getting a port effort
started?
Docs on the CPU & Busses etc presumably?  IIRC, XMI buss info was virtually
classified top secret by DECPAQ...  Has enough of this become available to
make
a porting effort practical, or are we missing vital bits of info?
Can someone in the list from within DECPAQ shed any light?

Cheers

Geoff Roberts
Computer Systems Manager
Saint Mark's College
Port Pirie, South Australia.
geoffrob at stmarks dot pp dot catholic dot edu dot au