Subject: RE: Help! My Sysinst of 1.4.1 is failing..
To: <>
From: None <Paul.Sawyer@tellabs.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/26/1999 10:04:07
Brian,

Thanks for the response,

>In theory, it should work, but obviously it's not for you.  I'll work
on
>some notes for a manual install.  Do you have a DEUNA or DELUA ethernet
>module, or just the TU81 tape drive?  And for the benefit of my
ignorance,
>how much data can tape media for the TU81 hold?

I have a DEUNA, but it's not currently installed because I really don't
have anything at home for it to talk to yet - maybe a linux box one of
these days, but not yet....

The TU81 at 6250 bpi can hold about 140 MB, and I can create them at
work.

>If you can provide me with your intended layout of filesystem accross
the
>RA81 (or RA81s), then I'll work on some install notes.

So far I have been using the "Standard with X" setup that the sysinst
produces:

a: 16 MB
b: 80 MB
g: 613 MB

all other partitions unused.
Would like to stick to a single drive for now if possible, and am
certainly willing to modify the geometry if that makes life easier.

Thanks again for the help,

Paul Sawyer