Subject: Re: New SCSI DMA w/MONO (& Re: New SCSI DMA kernel available.)
To: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/24/1999 13:42:14
On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Gunnar Helliesen wrote:

> (I don't think I saw anyone else explicitly confirm that a 1.4 branch
> boot.mop would successfully boot Ragge's 1.4L kernel, or did I miss that
> (too)?)

The most recent 1.4 branch, (the 1.4.1 August 13th mopable boot loader)
does in fact boot the initial 1.4L kernel... in serial mode.  I've
actually just done a drop in of the SCSI DMA capable kernel in my 1.4.1
environment and it boots fine apart from the expected difficulties with
things like `ps', `w', and `top'.

I've done no testing on the second (or any more recent versions) of the
SCSI DMA capable kernels.  I'm still reading through my backlogged
port-vax messages :-)

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
Font-o-Meter!      Proportional  Monospaced
                                      ^