Subject: DNS Assistance needed
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/23/1999 02:21:33
Hi, folks,

	I'm about at the end of my rope here. I thought I could form a pretty
clear picture between the O'Reilly 'DNS and BIND' book and NetBSD 1.4.1's
MAN page for named, but nooooooo....

	Is ANYone running a primary and/or backup DNS server on NetBSD? If so,
would you be so kind as to share with me your db.* files so I can have an
example from a known-good setup to work from? E-mail attachment will do
fine, but please send them in plain text rather than a tarball.

	The current situation: named starts OK on the primary server from the
command in /etc/rc.conf. However, something must be weird because I'll get
one or both of these symptoms.

	1). The primary server will suddenly decide it's not authoritative.

	2). With an nslookup, the IP address showing the nameserver's addy is all
0's (when entered from the local keyboard on each machine).

	Thanks in advance.

Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com  // E-mail: kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio: WD6EOS since Dec. '77
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our
own human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."