Subject: Re: KFQSA Resolution - at last
To: Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/22/1999 19:13:42
On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Douglas Meade wrote:

> I'll squirrel your message away, because I'm on the lookout for a good
> KFQSA, but I neglected to mention that my controller is a KDA50.  The
> disks are RA73's from a long rectangular cabinet known as a SABB,
> which I gather from a 3/22/98 posting by John Santos on comp.sys.dec.
> He asked in that post (still unanswered, I think) if it were possible
> to put two RA72's in the spaces designed for RA70's in a MicroVax
> 3600.  I'm trying to do something similar: put two RA73's in the same
> space in a MicroVax 3500.

Me, I'm also curious about trying it with two RA72's (on a KDA50 in a
MicroVAX 3600).  :-)  The only thing is, I'm not sure if the disks are any
good.  I didn't have much luck with my initial try of swapping out the
second RA70 for an RA72, but then I'm not very familliar with the cabling
or drive setting requirements for SDI drives.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
               But enough talk about serious science.
               Let's talk about ELASTIC BACON!  -- K.