Subject: Re: KFQSA Resolution - at last
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@freegate.com>
From: Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/22/1999 18:17:07
Chuck,

I'll squirrel your message away, because I'm on the lookout
for a good KFQSA, but I neglected to mention that my controller
is a KDA50.  The disks are RA73's from a long rectangular
cabinet known as a SABB, which I gather from a 3/22/98 posting
by John Santos on comp.sys.dec.  He asked in that post
(still unanswered, I think) if it were possible to put
two RA72's in the spaces designed for RA70's in a MicroVax
3600.  I'm trying to do something similar: put two
RA73's in the same space in a MicroVax 3500.

Doug

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Chuck McManis wrote:

> [Note: this is a resend of my previous message which may help Doug...]
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> The KFQSA has got to be one of the _weirdest_ boards DEC ever made to
> control disks.
>
> Some data points:

(snipped)