Subject: Re: SCSI DMA testers wanted.
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/22/1999 13:43:29

> I've not tested my VS3100/M30 with SCSI/MFM controller yet, so I don't
> know if that behaves or not.  Still, the above results are really really
> good.  The VAX port is really coming together nicely now.  Will it be
> possible to get the SCSI DMA changes backported for the 1.4.2 release, or
> must we wait until 1.5 before the changes will be present in an official
> release?

I think that there is too much changes to be able to back-port the code
without big problems. I'll look into it, though.
It would be interesting to know whether SCSI on the SCSI/MFM board also
work as expected.

> Also, and someone else mentioned this already, why the change from ln0 to
> le0?  I know we used to have le0 as the ethernet device name a year or
> more back before you decided to use ln0.  Why the change back to le0?

le0 is the MI name of the LANCE driver, and as it look now I seem to have
gotte the lance driver to behave as it should. I haven't tried on VS2k
yet, it may be problems with that machine and the MI le driver.

-- Ragge