Subject: Re: SCSI DMA testers wanted.
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/18/1999 12:13:07
> NetBSD Mailing list writes:
> > I redownloaded the kernel myself, changed the bootp stuff, then finally
> > gave up since the simple fact is that ALL other kernels are booted
> > successfully across the net.
>
> Ok, so I need to clarify that I am using a serial console.  I don't
> have a monitor or keyboard for my 3100.  I don't know if that is
> enough of a difference or not.

Any thoughts here Ragge?   Is anyone booting this kernel with the monitor/
keyboard head?

> I can round up the vaxboot.SYS that I am using when I get home from work.
> I am also mop booting, then using RARP/BOOTPARAMS if that makes any
> difference.

I just set up NFS root using RARP/MOP/BOOTPARAMS.  Same exact results --
all the other kernels boot just fine, but this SCSI DMA kernel bails
immediately after reporting the load sizes with the
	85 RESTART SYS

I'm so hungry for the SCSI DMA I can taste it, but it still eludes :D

We'll try the vaxboot.SYS.  Probably won't effect a change, but it is
the last thing I can check.

Cheers,
		-skots
--