Subject: Re: SCSI DMA testers wanted.
To: Elmet Orasson <elmet@rasi.lr.ttu.ee>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/18/1999 14:24:31
Elmet Orasson writes:

> 	My VS3100m38 was able to access the SCSI disks quite well.
> Only problem was that I'm not using DHCP for booting vax, but the DHCP
> server itself is present and running.
>
> 	Small test with dd and bs=60k count=100 gave me 37kB/s for
> reading and 10kB/s for writing. I was using one old and tired SCSI HDD
> for this (200MB RZ24-E), so probably these numbers won't show much.
> Now I have to find some bigger and newer HDD.
>
> 	At least this looks good. Well done :-))

Well, I have two RZ23 (100MB) internal disks, and they tested at about
450KB/s, so I think you are having some issue here.  The numbers you
report are in line with PIO mode, not DMA.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.