Subject: PDP disguised as VAX
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Ari Suutari <ari@suutari.iki.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/12/1999 11:11:32
Hi,

Sorry for a little offtopic question.

Yesterday I was given a Vaxstation 3200 and RD54 & TK50 in external
boxes. When I examined the machine internals at home, I found
that it has Q-bus but there was no VAX cpu. The cards
in Q-bus were M8981 (I assume that this is PDP cpu),
M7555, M7513 (disk controller), M7546 (tk50 controller) and
M8043 + 3 * M3107 (are these serial lines ?).

While I was hoping that this machine would have been a vax,
maybe a PDP would be nice machine also. The only problem
is that I'm missing connectors from back of the machine so it
is hard to know where to attach console. So, does anyone
know the pinout of M8981 PDP cpu connectors ? Or at least
source for further information.

Ari S. <ari@suutari.iki.fi>
Lemi, Finland