Subject: Bootproblems
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <dehartog@tip.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/10/1999 13:16:05
Hello,

I'm just starting to try to boot VAX3100 from Linux.
After a lot of reading I managed to boot from tape (miniroot.fs) but
then the VAX could not find the kernel (is the kernel also in the
miniroot.fs?).
Also managed to create a bootable disk (dd-ing bootroot.fs) but same
problem.
Got a little bit further by booting over the net (mop + bootp). Kernel
is loaded, root-fs has been mounted but the VAX stops after displaying
all the numbers (should come up with the Copyright message).
Pushing the reset button gives rubbish on the console because the VAX
switched the baudrate on the console port from 9600 to 4800...

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thanks,
Hans.