Subject: Re: Getting monochrome from a VS3100 M76 SPX
To: Paul Apprich <psapprich@mindspring.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/06/1999 09:20:06
On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Paul Apprich wrote:

> I haven't heard anything from here about support for the color
> graphics option board in these units, however I would like to lose the
> VT-340 console. Is there a way to get the unit to run as a mono
> adapter? Any further progress on the DMA SCSI code?

I've not verified it on the M76, but certainly on the M30 and M38 all you
need to do is pull the color board and the built-in monochrome frame
buffer is ready to roll.  There are enough similarities between the
VAXstation 3100 models that I'd be surprised if the mono frame buffer in
the M76 didn't work as in the M30 and M38.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vacuum tubes and
weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vacuum tubes
and weigh only 1.5 tons. -- Popular Mechanics, March 1949