Subject: new to list / swap setup problem VS3100M38
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupp <rupp@chello.at>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/29/1999 23:35:46
Hello!

I have set up my VS3100M38 to netboot from a Linux box. Since I am
a newbie to NetBSD and VAXen, I sticked exactly to the "VAX Netbooting
HOWTO", and everythig worked fine. Unfortunately, I destroyed the
swapfile and I am absolutely unable to recreate it correctly.

What happened, actually, is that I that the SCSI controller in the
PeeCee decided to bus-error, and the disks were in a less then optimal
state after that. (Since this is a civilized list, I will not repeat my
comments ;-)

Could you please tell me or point me to a doc?
What "apropos swap" brings up did not get me a clue how to create
a swapfile in NetBSD. Swapping is done over NFS to the Linux box.

Thanks.

Wolfgang