Subject: Re: Off Topic...
To: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/27/1999 23:13:24
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Michael Kukat wrote:

> You can select "DECwindows workstation support" when installing, i think you
> just should leave this out. Maybe something is to be enabled in the startup
> files to enable connection of VXTs or so. Have 7.2 running on my VLC now.

Been there, done that, didn't get a T-Shirt :-)

The workstation support is installed, but when the system boots it just
complains that it can't find any graphics hardware. The DECWindows startup
just exits, and i can't start it afterwards.

cheers,
/Anders

--

"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according
to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs, the

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras