Subject: Re: Bug in /etc/security?
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/26/1999 21:04:07
On Sun, 26 Sep 1999 jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de wrote:
> Hmm. I have strange problems too. If I put the whole 32MB in my
> VS3100m76, the machine crashes. I swapped the modules but it does'nt
> mater what Module is in the machine. It runs fine with 28MB but crashes
> with 32MB on memory intensive operations like compiling. I thought that
> the memory socket on the Mainboard is the source of the problem. But
> now I think that the problem is related to NetBSD. (Like the old netboot
> problem with more than 16MB)

Me too... With 32 Megs in it it behaves a bit, hmmm... strange. No
crashes, but sometimes letters are missing on the console. As an example,
if something should print out "this text", instead it prints "his text",
or "this ext". It doesn't matter if i use the serial console or if i
telnet to the VAX. The same error occurs either way.
1.3.2 seems to work better than 1.4.1, with the old release there is no
problems with the console.

cheers,
/Anders H

--

"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according
to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs, the

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras