Subject: Big VAXen
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/25/1999 16:01:18
There's currently a VAX 6200 (actually a 6400) on Ebay.  It's in
Hayward, CA so its local to me.  If the my bid succeeds, someone
has already promised a home for it and so I will donate it to
the NetBSD foundation for NetBSD/vax development.  I have a fond-
ness for XMI machines.  Of all the VAXen, there are the "cleanest"
IMO.  And if we can get a MIPS XMI board set, then maybe 5800
support could be written as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170048864

I doubt that the price will get high but if case it does, if
anyone is willing to help pay for this, send me mail.  If you're
in the Bay Area and willing to help to move this beast, send me
mail as well.