Subject: Tape ID's for NetBSD?????
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/24/1999 14:42:25
In setting up the MicroVAX 3100 for NetBSD, using both scsi controllers
and 5 drives plus a tk50 and a tz4 tape, what will NetBSD be expecting
for device ID's?  Currently the machine is

UBA0 SCSI0 ID1  RZ24 (Ultrix boot drive)
UBA0 SCSI0 ID4  TZ4 (internal Tandberg 3600 tape)
UBA0 SCSI1 ID0  RZ24
UBA0 SCSI1 ID1  RZ24
UBA0 SCSI1 ID2  RZ25 (proposed NetBSD drive)
UBA0 SCSI1 ID3  RZ55 (external drive)
UBA0 SCSI1 ID4  TK50Z (external tape)

Should these be reset to other ID's for NetBSD-1.4.1?

I want to keep Ultrix on the first RZ24, use the second two RZ24's
as workspace, build NetBSD on the RZ25, and use the RZ55 for temp
space.  I want to create bootable tapes on both the TK50Z and the
TZ4, if possible, for spares.  Once I am comfortable NetBSD is
running, I will move the RZ25 to SCSI0 ID0 and put the Ultrix RZ24
on the shelf and drop another RZ25 in its place.

Is the above reasonable?

Will I have to reconfig/build kernel for that kind of setup or will
the generic cover it?

Thanks

Bob