Subject: Re: Me again...
To: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
From: Daniel Seagraves <root@bony.umtec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/21/1999 16:01:36
On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Michael Kukat wrote:

> Hi !
>
> > Just started "Make Depend".  I bet it'll be finished by sometime next
> > week. ^_^ Seriously though, when I do the compile (IF I do the compile!)
> > I'm gonna time it. ^_^ Maybe it'll be done by next month...
>
> Didn't read the whole thread, but sounds like you try compiling the current
> kernel on a MicroVAX-I :-)
> Kernel needs about 3 hours on a VS 3100m76 or a VAX 4000/300

It could be close. I'm doing this on a 3100m(20?  Maybe...  It says
VAXserver 3100 on the nameplate and I don't know how to determine the
model number.), except I'm doing it from the harddisk.  And the hard disk
throughput is somewhere between 15 and 30KB/sec.  I know it's not a 76.

BTW, make depend is still running, but it hasn't crashed yet, so it looks
like it may complete this time around.

Daniel Seagraves | I'm an International Clandestine Arms Dealer!
"In the name of the moon, will you punish me?" - Crayon Shin-Chan(?),SMS #104
"There is nothing more dangerous than a resourceful idiot." - Dilbert
"Who hired you guys, anyway?" -- 8-year-old Sailor Venus to the DiC SM VAs.
SailorMoon Into Eternity! | Usagi's Stormtroopers Local #42 | 36 BITS 4EVER!