Subject: Re: Here's a fun screw...
To: Daniel Seagraves <root@bony.umtec.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/20/1999 20:01:29

> drive.  That thing takes FOREVER...), and fired it up.  It crashed when I
> reset the date from 1970 (Is that the epoch?  Jan-1-1970?) to 1999. (I
> guess you're not supposed to do that from multiuser mode. ^_^ It hung
> solid, no error.)  Anyway, on reboot, it crashed again.  I tried a third

Well, actually it just hangs for a while (a minute? An hour?) and after that
continues as if nothing has happened :-)

> ** Phase 1 -panic:  todo > MAXPHYS; minphys broken

Well, this shows that si_minphys() in ncr.c is nonexistent. As a direct
fix change the function pointer in ncr.c to point to minphys instead of
si_minphys.  It will be different in the future when DMA is supported.

-- Ragge