Subject: MicroVAX-3100 info needed
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/20/1999 12:37:57
I have some queries about the MicroVAX-3100 (probably an M20).....

1.  Does NetBSD-1.4.1 run on it?

2.  What is the largest HD that can be accomodated in it?

3.  What is the priority for hooking up HD's internally and externally?
    The machine has the dual UBA0 SCSI0 and UBA0 SCSI1 busses.

4.  The machine currently has 3 RZ23's plus an RRD42 and a Tandberg
    2 gig 1/4 inch cartridge tape internally, plus an RZ55 and an TK50Z
    externally, and is now loaded with Ultrix 4.2.  Are the tape drives
    supported in NetBSD-1.4.1?  There seems to be some confusion on the
    list as to what is and what is not supported tapewise.  From Ultrix,
    I can write a TK50 boot tape or any size 1/4 inch cartridge, or from
    other machines I can write any size 1/4 inch cartridge.

5.  My goal is to use the uvax3100 as a local boot server for bringing
    up other NetBSD boxes.  Can it do this satisfactorily, or would I
    be better off using a DS3100 instead.

Thanks

Bob