Subject: Re: Status of uv3100 support?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jon . <los_alamos@hotmail.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/16/1999 21:27:52
>SCSI is supported in the recent 1.4.1 release.  PIO mode only still, >but
>the default kernel has this plus a disconnect hack compiled in.  >The
>install image supports booting from 1.44 floppy drives (MFM and >SCSI), and
>from other SCSI disks.  (Doesn't look like SCSI tape >devices are
>bootable).  You can also netboot the installation kernel.
>
>The I/O speed is very slow.  Expect around 65-90KB/s with the speed
>depending on the performance of the 3100 in question.  VAXstation >2000s
>are only around 30KB/s.

No TKZ50 booting huh?  Was it supposed to be supported, have people actually
tried it?  That's about my only booting option right now...unless someone
can answer this question.  What is the size and type of the floppy in a
VAXstation 3100?  From all the docs I've read, it looks to be 1.2MB SCSI.
Is it still possible to boot from this?

Thanks,

jon