Subject: Re: Status of uv3100 support?
To: Daniel A. Seagraves <DSEAGRAV@toad.xkl.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/16/1999 14:47:00
On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Daniel A. Seagraves wrote:

> I've been kinda out of it for awhile...  What's the current status of the
> MicroVAX 3100 support?  Is SCSI supported yet?  Can one boot from it?
> I may be firing mine up again shortly...

SCSI is supported in the recent 1.4.1 release.  PIO mode only still, but
the default kernel has this plus a disconnect hack compiled in.  The
install image supports booting from 1.44 floppy drives (MFM and SCSI), and
from other SCSI disks.  (Doesn't look like SCSI tape devices are
bootable).  You can also netboot the installation kernel.

The I/O speed is very slow.  Expect around 65-90KB/s with the speed
depending on the performance of the 3100 in question.  VAXstation 2000s
are only around 30KB/s.

-brian.
---