Subject: Bug in 1.4.1 - core dump on resume
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@freegate.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/16/1999 12:30:47
Try this on your system (I've duplicated it on two systems)
	From csh
		% ftp ftp.netbsd.org
		^Z
		% ls
		% fg
		ftp: sigssegv core dumped

Start ftp, use ^z to get back to the shell, do one thing in the shell, and
then attempt to resume the suspended job and it dumps core. I'm sure if
this is a problem with the default handling of SIGCONT or something more
sinistar.

I also get tar core dumps whenever I pipe input to tar and the input source
exits before tar finishes. (like gzip -dc src.tgz | tar -xf -)

Note that hangs in the MSCP driver continue on 1.4.1 with the Sigma ESDI
controller (and probably all Webster based Qbus controllers) Does anyone
have a version of WOMBAT that is later than 2.8 ? (on board firmware for
the RQ11D

--Chuck