Subject: Re: Install fails on MVII
To: phlatlyn <phlatlyn@pacbell.net>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/13/1999 02:40:07
On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, phlatlyn wrote:

> there is a sysinst.core
>
> I delete it and executed sysinst and it did the same thing. I just noticed
> that the system was not echoing my keystrokes either. ~Dont know if thats
> signifigant.

Hmm.  I can't replicate the problem on my MicroVAX II's here.  I'm
thinking there may be some weird issue with it being a 16Meg system, but I
don't have the RAM to check that on my systems.  Just voodoo speculation
there though.  Does anyone else on the list run a 16Meg MicroVAX II, and
have you installed with sysinst successfully?

If you've not done so, you may want to fully power-cycle the system before
proceeding with the NetBSD/vax install.  In the past I've noticed that
warm restarts on my VAXstation 3100's sometime result in bad behavior.
I've never seen those types of problems on a MicroVAX II, but who knows.

-brian.
---