Subject: Re: Install fails on MVII
To: phlatlyn <phlatlyn@pacbell.net>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/11/1999 22:21:57
There's just a tiny amount of slop space for the RAM disk used by the
install kernel.  Based on you description, it sounds like some process may
be dumping core and filling the RAM disk.  After you're dumped to the "#"
prompt, try finding a file matching *.core.  Report back the name of the
core file.  It may help us figure out the cause of the problem.

Also, remove the *.core file and try re-running the install by executing
"sysinst".

-brian.

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, phlatlyn wrote:

> I have just attempted to install 1.4.1 on a microvax II with 16 megs RAM,
> and a 120 meg ESDI hard disk on a qd21. I am using the boot.fs image from a
> floppy disk. (I pluged a 1.44 meg drive in and it thinks its a RX33,I
> created the image by setting the type to 1.2 in the bios on a pc) The
> installation aborts after choosing a custom installation. (also does it if I
> choose standard or standard with x) with the message
>
> /:write failed, file system is full
> Floating point exception
> #
>                             uid 0 on /: file system full