Subject: Re: Booter test please
To: Stefan Brunosson <stefan@helsingborg.pp.se>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@aiolos.webmailer.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/11/1999 12:57:57
Hi !

> bootserver and the path to the kernel and tries to start the kernel
> displaying a row of different numbers and a rotating "/" to indicate work i
> progress but crashes as i should ?
> With out the necessary support for the CPU in the kernel ? Am I on the
> right track ?

So, i just screwed in a bit of CPU support, for now without cache, i should
know if it works this way, before enabling the cache stuff. Very interesting
facts are: is QBus working, are the devices detected. So, if someone has some
QBus cards, no matter what, maybe a DHV-11 or a TQK50 or so, i want to know
if the kernel sees the devices.

CPU support is now only added for VAX 4000/500 (KA680), the 4000/200 and
4000/105 need some further information, i'll try to find out why the booter
crashes on these machines.

So, testers: download the following URL to get a fresh test kernel:

http://www.camaronet.de/download/netbsd-990911.zip

Results wanted.

so long... Michael