Subject: Re: Boot loader on a VAX 4000/200
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/09/1999 10:44:47
On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 10:26:34AM -0400, Lindgren, Jon wrote:

> Anyone else here run into the same problem using mopd on a NetBSD machine?

My uVAX-II with DEQNA boots with mopd running on my DECStation 5000/240
(running 1.4) without trouble...  however, I can't get bootp/dhcp to
work right, and the secondstage bootloader doesn't timeout (to get
things from bootparams) unless the VAX' clock is set, and my TOY battery
is dead, so I have to run diagnostics and set the date before anything
works, but after that netbooting works.

In any case, sucking down the second stage bootloader via MOP always
works first time.

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
    "[...] of all the port lists to grumble to about slow CPU speeds and
     other resource limitations, I'd imagine that port-vax is not a very
     good choice :-)"  --  Brian D. Chase