Subject: TK50 Tapes
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: shox <shox@shox.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/01/1999 14:32:08
Hi,

I've got a TK50 distribution of Ultrix that I'm interested in recovering.
It's the original dist on 4 or 5 tapes. I need to get it from there onto a
media I can use (either tar files, CDR, or DAT.)

My VAXen don't have TK50 drives or even a DEC interface for them (I'm
stuck with VAXstations for now.)

Here's the question: Would anyone with a TK50 drive be willing to restore
the data and put it on either DAT, CDROM, or even just FTP it to me? I'd
be willing to pay for this as well as shipping for the tapes back and
forth. I'm located in the US (California) and would prefer someone
domestic. Cheaper shipping that way :)

Oh, and if you don't have a TK50 drive, you can find one on Ebay. Here's
the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=153257602

Sorry for the weird off-topic request, but I'm one of those nuts that
likes to play around with old versions of Unix. Ultrix is one I haven't
had much time to mess with and I think this would be a good opportunity to
do so.

Thanks,

-Rob

--