Subject: Re: RIP, VAX
To: Andrew Phillips <atp@mssl.ucl.ac.uk>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/30/1999 22:49:46
On Thu, Aug 26, 1999 at 09:24:32PM +0100, Andrew Phillips wrote:

> Turbo channel is nice, I grant you. But picture using a Soundblaster
> 64 AWE/ DVD player on your home nuVAX ...

AWE 64?  Somebody here's never heard of the DEC LoFi.  Turbochannel,
with a motorola 56000 DSP, internal CODEC with phone interface, external
CODEC with headset, line ins/outs, and DSP serial connection.

Unfortunately it's all programmed IO, with no DMA...  one of these days
I'll get around to finishing up NetBSD support for it.  :)

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
    "[...] of all the port lists to grumble to about slow CPU speeds and
     other resource limitations, I'd imagine that port-vax is not a very
     good choice :-)"  --  Brian D. Chase