Subject: Re: RIP, VAX
To: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@crue.jdwarren.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/26/1999 09:36:50
I just got a letter from compaq assuring me they will continue supporting
the VAX til at least 2010! but theyre not goign to sell them anymore????
ack! I agree, i certianly hope i have the money to order one next year!
well, DEC died last year, i suppose the reign of the VAX was bound to end
sooner or later.. RIP DEC, RIP VAX!
The PDP11 is still the longest lived line of computers, though, being in
production for 27 years straight.. alas, the VAX will not get a chance to
overtake this great record! though, with the VAX being an outgrowth of
the '11, the PDP line does live until 2000 i guess! its a pity.
VAX no longer profitable.. hell, they could MAKE it profitable if they
only tried to MARKET them!
Hmmmmmmmmm anyone up for starting a company to manufacture VAX clones?

happy hacking, and my DEC rest in peace!

Isildur