Subject: 1.4.1-pre2 problem VS3100/76 Install,
To: NetBSDVAX <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dann Lunsford <dann@greycat.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/22/1999 19:18:43
I saw David Brownlee's announcement about 1.4.1-pre2, decided to try it
out.
Downloaded the boot.fs, copied it to tape, and booted the tape on one of
my
VS3100/76's.  Everything goes well, sysinst comes up, BUT...

When I try to config the network, sysinst sees the ln0 and asks me all
the
usual questions.  The ping test fails miserably, though.  O packets
transmitted,
0 recieved.  The machine responds to pings at the right address, so the
interface is working. The same machine runs DECNET fine (one of the
boxen
in a LAVC) so I'm pretty sure cablling and all hardware is fine.

Anybody got a clue?  "One of the remaining issues in a pre-release", is,
of
course, something I would understand completely, but this feels a little
wierder than that.  Near as I can tell, *everything* else works.

VS3100/76, 32MB, TK50Z, 4mm DAT, 3 drives of various types, serial
terminal (VT340+).

Thanks!

       Dann Lunsford
       dann@greycat.com