Subject: Re: Floppy boot image testers wanted!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Sergey Svishchev <svs@ropnet.ru>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/20/1999 22:34:19
On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 09:24:55AM -0600, Roger Ivie wrote:

> >>   This graphics subsystem consisted of the complete
> >>   3D graphics pipeline and additional hardware support for such
> >>   features as hardware anti-aliasing of vectors and depth queuing.
>
> Nope. The graphics hardware for the VAXstation 8000 consists of three or
> four large cards that slide into a special backplane that bolts into the
> VAXstation 8000 enclosure. If you got one without a VAXstation 8000, it
> would look like a card cage with some cards in it.

Actually, there are 6 cards... When I get back to the machine, I'll record
what each of them does.  They're protected by a sheet of clear plastic with
a piece of paper stuck to it, which lists module numbers and option names.

Accelerated X11 server for this hardware would be seriously cool.
Just imagine, <your-favorite-first-person-3D-shooter> for the VAX ;-)
Who needs Voodoo${BIGNUM}!

--
Sergey Svishchev -- <svs@ropnet.ru> -- http://mail-index.nice.ru/