Subject: Re: revarp failed - error=41
To: Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/18/1999 23:34:34
Hi !

> After greping through the archives of this group, I found several
> references to this message, but no sure way of getting around it.
> I found one hint in a post by Michael Kukat, which mentioned a
> kernel that reverses the order of DHCP and revarp, but when I
> went to the web link, the file was no longer there.  (This is
> http://www.camaronet.de/download/netbsd-bootparams.zip)

I didn't read the whole story, but the file simply is no longer there, because
the bugs of DHCP and stuff are away in newer booters. It runs fine with DHCP
here now, and if you want BOOTPARAMS, you may want to compile a booter with
BOOTP/DHCP disabled. (If i find this strange problem with my DSSI harddisk
on the VAX 4000/300, i can compile a version for you).

> I've got the servers set up *exactly* as described in Brian
> Chase's FAQ, that is, with no DHCP set up.  This has worked for
> me for the other machines, and I haven't got around to learning
> the ins and outs of it yet.

Just use DHCP, this works fine.

so long... Michael