Subject: Re: Floppy boot image testers wanted!
To: None <PORT-VAX@NETBSD.ORG>
From: Roger Ivie <IVIE@cc.usu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/18/1999 14:20:32
> 	We're looking for people with access to both a vax and a PC who
> 	can test out using RAWRITE and PUTR to generate RX23 and RX33
> 	floppies, and then test boot them on their vax. (remember to gunzip!)

I punched it out to a jaz disk and booted in my 3100/30 with 4MB. The
results are, by now, thoroughly predictable: it booted OK, but disklabel
was killed because of a lack of swap. Punching ^C before sysinst does the
disklabel does allow me to manually label the disk, but it's all over
when I turn the swap on:

  # swapctl -a /dev/sd1b
  sd1(ncr1:0:0): cannot allocate scsipi xs
  sd1: not queued, error 12

which is, at least, a new error message.

Roger Ivie
ivie@cc.usu.edu