Subject: Floppy boot image testers wanted!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/18/1999 12:41:28
	We have a new boot.fs.gz image available at:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/vax/snapshot/1.4.1-pre2/installation/bootfs/

	This has been verified to work on tk50 and RX23 written on a vax.

	We're looking for people with access to both a vax and a PC who
	can test out using RAWRITE and PUTR to generate RX23 and RX33
	floppies, and then test boot them on their vax. (remember to gunzip!)

	boot.fs replaces the miniroot - it contains a kernel with built in
	ramdisk and sysinst.

	Once we have some feedback we'll get the install notes updated
	and online and 1.4.1 will be done...

		David/absolute

                  -=-  Resentment is a renewable resource  -=-