Subject: Failing build due to optimisation
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/18/1999 09:31:04
Wewp, I've just started a new build on the 1.4.1 sources on
my mvII.  However, I know that there are still problems in
two spots with regards to the egcs compiler puking due to
-O optimisations causing internal errors (I ran into them
mere days ago).

Now, since I have a good 48 hours or so until this
supersonic machine reaches the first... :)
Can anybody point out where these failures occur?
I'd like to modify the Makefiles before the build reaches
them, as there is no way to easily get a build going again
without having to start from scratch; hacking the top-level
Makefile to skip what's already been completed isn't a
very good workaround.

And, since I brought the -O issue up again, wouldn't it be
a nifty idea to modify the makefiles to use different
optimisations in these particular spots, at least for the VAX
architecture?  (Or at least a Makefile variable flag to head
this off).

Cheers,
			-skots
--