Subject: Re: Making and Using a Vax Boot Tape
To: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
From: Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/16/1999 23:33:49
OK,
Thanks Bruce.  I tried that, and I was in.  So far, however,
I've only been able to get the tape to boot in a TK50 drive,
and the Vaxstation I really want to get booted right now
has the TK70.

I tried jiggling some connectors and we had replaced a DELQA fuse
(this machine had been living outside for awhile!) and now
I finally got the kernel to netboot.  Now I'm hung where
it's trying to mount root.  It says "revarp failed: Unable to
mount root, error=51".

I checked the rarp table on the host, and both the client and
the host are identified by the proper MAC address.  I've got
the correct lines in bootparams and exports.  Stuck again.

Doug