Subject: Re: Strange connector
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Geoffrey D. Roberts <geoffrob@stmarks.pp.catholic.edu.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/12/1999 12:54:54
----- Original Message -----
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@crue.jdwarren.com>
To: <port-vax@netbsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 11 August 1999 0:39
Subject: Strange connector

> hello all,
>
> I recently got my hands on a VAX 6320

Nice.  Not screamingly quick, but the multiprocessing is a plus. 2.2
vups/cpu.
Should be at least 64Mb of RAM in one of those. Do I sense a NetBSD port for
XMI
based KA62, 62A, 64, 65 & 66 machines in the wind?  I hope so.

> has anyone seen a connector about the size of a DB50 a-la-scsi2, but with
> a tiny card-edge like plug shape inside, a-la-some of IBM's SCSI
> offerings, on a VAX?

DSSI for sure. I have a 6440 with one of them in it.
Look for a T2036 - XMI to DSSI Adapter Module in the XMI cage, it's the one
on the front right, with the CPU and RAM cards in it.
There is a VAXBI version too, but I don't know its module number, I've only
seen the XMI version.

Cheers
Geoff Roberts
Computer Systems Manager