Subject: Re: Dilog Disk Controller in Vaxstation II
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/05/1999 19:29:48
>> Just a side note - I was never able to make my Dilog SCSI (SQ739) work
>> along side an RQDX3 under NetBSD 1.1-1.3 - the first controller
>> (whichever that was) would work fine, the other wouldn't. This was in a
>> uVAX 3600 in a BA123. Now, of course, I just use the SCSI :>.

Ahh I was going to offer to take that "useless" scsi controller off your
hands :-) Seriously though one of the RQDXn series didn't pass DMA and that
was a problem, alternatively I've noticed that a lot of people don't
realize in the BA123 that you need DMA grant cards in the "empty" pairs
whereas in something like a BA213 the bottom set of connectors are all CD
all the way across. If you don't have a grant card your controller won't be
seen.

Given all that, and knowing that for the BA123 the slots to the left of the
CPU (5-n I believe) are Q/Q, are there any empty connectors on the bottom half?

--Chuck