Subject: booting question
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: paul yaskowski <paul@dragontear.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/04/1999 14:39:59
hello,

  i managed to get my vaxstation3100/30 to compile fine, and i edited
the conf.c and the config to get it to see the root device.  but when
it boots up, i get this:

boot device: <unknown>

  this seems to be the only thing different between my edited kernel
and the default one, yet the default kernel boot to a login, doens't
ask for a shell, and starts up inetd.  why is this?  is there anyway
around this?  thanks.

--
"it always comes to this. if they really had a desire to live, they
would've been more aware of how easy it is to die, would've chosen