Subject: Re: Dilog Disk Controller in Vaxstation II
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/03/1999 20:30:28
Dave,

Of course, you're right.  I pulled the disk cables off and saw that
this board is indeed a Dilog DQ696.  This is not listed on the Hamster's
site (www.telnet.hu/hamster/dr/modules.html) but he does show the
DQ686 and the SM696.  Hm.

How the question is, what's the next step to get it to work with
NetBSD?  Try switching boards around?  For example, now the RDQX3
is on the bottom and the Dilog is on the top.  VMS sees them both
OK, but NetBSD doesn't.

By the way, does anybody know how large an ESDI drive this controller
will support?

Doug