Subject: Re: VAX 4000-200
To: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/31/1999 15:26:25
On 31 Jul 1999, Michael Kukat wrote:

> Just wait a bit... I did the 4000/300-port and the next days i start to get
> this 4000/200 running. I don't have such a machine, so i can only try to get
> it running by the information i get. If you have a QBus ethernet adapter,
> you may be starting soon. SHAC and SGEC might take a bit longer, but main
> functionality will be no problem. Only thing which could make trouble is the
> cache. Never got this initialized on my VAXstation 4000 VLC (same CPU as in
> the VAX 4000/200)

Nope, i have just the built in Ethernet and DSSI controllers, plus the
KFQSA and a MSCP (i think) card.

> If one is a KZQSA, you may put it in a safe place. There were roumors in the
> list, that this card could make trouble if no driver initializes it correct.
> KFQSA, isn't it a DSSI controller ? If it's not MSCP, you may also put it
> away for now :-)

I got a mail from Ragge, and the cards seem to be supported from the info
i got.

> But it doesn't cool, it heats :-) But according to the VAXbar somewhere seen
> in the web, you can change this behaviour and can keep some beers cool in
> your VAX...
:-D

> BTW: Could you try the booter on my homepage on this box ?
> Here's the URL: http://www.vaxpower.de/download/booter-990622.zip

Yepp, i'll check them out if i can find a way to load them on some media
that the VAX supports.

cheers,
/Anders H

--

     Unix is like a wigwam: No fences, no gates, apache inside.

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras