Subject: VAX 4000-200
To: NetBSD VAX Port <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/31/1999 01:59:17
Hi folks!
How difficult would it be to port NetBSD to the 4000-200? Has there been
any work done on a port yet, or is it yet to come?

It recently got my hands on one. It has a KA660 processor,
3 1Gig DSSI disks, a card with a SCSI-interface (no clue yet
what kind) plus a KFQSA card. The KFQSA card looks like it is
some kind of SCSI interface too, but i'm not sure. Any ideas?

It used to be clustered with another VAX of the same type, running
VMS. When i try to boot it seems that it used to load the OS from
the other VAX. What do i need to do to use it standalone? I have VMS
on CD, and i know i can boot off the CD if i connect it to the SCSI-port.
Is there anything that i need to do to the setup in the bootrom?

BTW, i must say it's rather cool with a computer the size of a small
fridge. :-)

cheers,
/Anders

--

     Unix is like a wigwam: No fences, no gates, apache inside.

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras