Subject: Re: installing problems
To: paul yaskowski <paul@upvchamber.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@crue.jdwarren.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/30/1999 16:16:09
you might have faulty memory. On my uVAX-II this was the case, as you
describe a problem identical to what i experienced.  Changing a memory
board immediatley fixed the problem. From my reconstruction of what had
happened (I run Ultrix and 4.3BSD on that machine, so no ddb there :-)
it was when i tried to do things to that disk that a certain bad piece of
memory got touched, which then set the stage for the panic.

hope this helps,
happy hacking
isildur