Subject: Re: /var/db/moundtab?
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Chris Craft <ccraft@cmn.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/29/1999 11:47:13
k... I already had nfs_server turned on, but I forgot rarpd! Now things
are churning away very happily, except that I can't figure out how to
get swap to mount.  Also, it seems that things run very slowly on
boot... maybe I shouldn't run bootpd from inetd?  Anyhow, back to the
swap dilemma. My fstab points at the swap file on the server (I've tried
many phrasings of the incantation), but still claims not to find the
file when it wants to turn swap on.  Any hints on swapping over nfs? (Or
should I bite the bullet, and go to 1.4.1? (That is, assuming that 1.4.1
fixes the nfs/swap flakiness!))

Thanks again,
Chris.
ccraft@netgenius.org