Subject: Re: Follow up on VS3100 M48
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/27/1999 22:19:15
On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Brian D Chase wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Douglas Meade wrote:
>
> > Now, does anybody else on the list have one of these (VS3100-M48,
> > originaly with 32 Mb) and does the tape or CD work for them? (I
> > haven't tried the CD yet).  Could it be a bad SCSI controller,
> > or is this a configuration that's just not supported yet?
>
> The SCSI support is likely the culprit here.  It's still very new and has
> known limitations.   The 1.4.1 release will be the first official release
> of NetBSD/vax containing a kernel with the PIO SCSI support and the
> disconnect disable hack.

	Unfortunately the official source for 1.4.1 did not have the
	disconnect disable hack pulled up from -current (That probably
	warrents a '--bottles_of_beer[ragge];' :)

	I'm going to rebuild the kernels with it added and include the
	patch (among others) as a 'last minute' addition, as soon as my
	machine finishes building the X sets (Does anyone have a spare
	fast vaxstation? :)

		David/absolute

	 -=-  "Just adding to the wrinkles on his deathly frown"  -=-